Only two shows left in each block, let’s take a look at the latest betting odds.
A Block Betting Odds:
- Kota Ibushi (5-2) (10 pts) – (+400)
- Jay White (5-2) (10 pts) – (+200)
- Will Ospreay (5-2) (10 pts) – (+267)
- Kazuchika Okada (5-2) (10 pts) – (+125)
- Taichi (3-4) (6 pts) – N/A
- Minoru Suzuki (3-4) (6 pts) – N/A
- Shingo Takagi (3-4) (6 pts) – N/A
- Tomohiro Ishii (3-4) (6 pts) – N/A
- Jeff Cobb (3-4) (6 pts) – N/A
- Yujiro Takahashi (0-7) (0 pts) – N/A
These are pretty amazing odds on Kota Ibushi considering he has the weakest strength of schedule going forward with matches against Yujiro Takahashi and Taichi remaining. I can see him losing to Taichi, but Takahashi would be a ridiculous upset and would require some major Bullet Club shenanigans. Ibushi holds the tiebreaker over both Okada and Ospreay.
While Okada has the hardest strength of schedule going forward with matches against Ishii and Ospreay. An impressive finish with two big wins over two big time opponents is not out of the question for him and that is why he is the favorite.
Jay White has to be considered a strong favorite as well with matches against Suzuki and Ishii to finish off the tournament. Neither is a pushover and it will be hard to beat both, but he does hold the tiebreaker over both Ibushi and Okada.
B Block Betting Odds:
- Tetsuya Naito (5-2) (10 pts) – (+200)
- EVIL (5-2) (10 pts) – (+180)
- Hirooki Goto (4-3) (8 pts) – (+6600)
- SANADA (4-3) (8 pts) – (-230)
- Zack Sabre Jr. (4-3) (8 pts) – (+5000)
- Juice Robinson (3-4) (6 pts) – N/A
- Toru Yano (3-4) (6 pts) – (+8000)
- Hiroshi Tanahashi (3-4) (6 pts) – N/A
- KENTA (3-4) (6 pts) – N/A
- YOSHI-HASHI (1-6) (2 pts) – N/A
A pretty big change here as SANADA has become the overwhelming favorite to win the block at -230. He holds the tiebreaker over Naito so he only needs to tie him here.
Naito has lead this whole time, but matches against Yano and KENTA are a tough finish. Both are not above cheating and both are not eliminated yet. KENTA winning out would be a surprising finish, but he does face Naito on the final night and could hypothetically finish with 5 wins and tie him.
The only non-SANADA bet that really makes sense though is EVIL at +180. This has been the year of EVIL and him winning the block by beating his former partner on the final night makes a certain amount of sense.
NJPW G1 Climax 30 Winner Betting Odds:
- SANADA +115
- Kazuchika Okada +250
- EVIL +350
- Jay White +350
- Will Ospreay +500
- Kota Ibushi +600
- Tetsuya Naito +600
- Zack Sabre Jr. +10000
- Hirooki Goto +15000
- Toru Yano +20000
Twelve nights down as we get closer to the finals. Yujiro Takahashi and YOSHI-HASHI have been mathematically eliminated.
A Block Betting Odds:
- Kota Ibushi (4-2) (8 pts) – +175
- Jay White (4-2) (8 pts) – +175
- Will Ospreay (4-2) (8 pts) – +225
- Kazuchika Okada (4-2) (8 pts) – +267
- Taichi (3-3) (6 pts) – +3300
- Minoru Suzuki (3-3) (6 pts) – +5000
- Shingo Takagi (3-3) (6 pts) – +3300
- Tomohiro Ishii (3-3) (6 pts) – +3300
- Jeff Cobb (2-4) (4 pts) – +6600
- Yujiro Takahashi (0-6) (0 pts) – N/A
The A-Block remains highly competitive with almost everyone still in play.
While wrestlers like Shingo, Taichi, and Suzuki are still in play they’re upcoming schedule is not very kind to their chances as they will all wrestle each other.
Okada remains an outstanding bet, but his upcoming schedule is tough with matches against Ishii, Shingo, and Ospreay. The final night match against Ospreay could decide this block. Ospreay has never defeated Okada and that should most definitely be the main event on that final night. With that match having such importance Chaos +200 to win the tournament has some merit to it.
Jay White has the “easiest” final stretch of opponents with the winless Yujiro still on the schedule as well as Suzuki and Ishii.
Kota Ibushi, the block leader, also has Yujiro on his schedule to go with Suzuki and Taichi. He can finish strong and still be left out.
B Block Betting Odds:
- Tetsuya Naito (5-1) (10 pts) – +250
- EVIL (4-2) (8 pts) – +190
- Juice Robinson (3-3) (6 pts) – +3300
- Toru Yano (3-3) (6 pts) – +5000
- Hiroshi Tanahashi (3-3) (6 pts) – +325
- Hirooki Goto (3-3) (6 pts) – +5000
- SANADA (3-3) (6 pts) – +125
- Zack Sabre Jr. (3-3) (6 pts) – +3300
- KENTA (2-4) (4 pts) – +5000
- YOSHI-HASHI (1-5) (2 pts) – N/A
Naito is the block leader with matches against Yano, KENTA, and EVIL to finish off. KENTA is on the final night and I can definitely see him being the one to play spoiler as he already has an IWGP Championship title shot in his future. Yano can beat anyone at any time.
Despite needing to win out, SANADA remains the favorite. Juice is a winnable match and then KENTA and EVIL over his final two matches sets thing up perfectly. He remains the best bet here.
Of course, that final night match-up with EVIL could just be the start of things. These two are going to have a big match down the road and this could be the set-up. Okada needs his win back against EVIL so a G1 Finals with those two could set that up nicely. I have EVIL as my favorite right now.
G1 Climax Winner Betting Odds:
- SANADA +250
- EVIL +300
- Jay White +300
- Kota Ibushi +300
- Kazuchika Okada +350
- Will Ospreay +350
- Tetsuya Naito +400
- Hiroshi Tanahashi +500
There are six nights in the book of the 2020 G1 Climax and we’re here with some updated odds.
A Block Betting Odds:
1. Jay White (3-0) (6 pts) – (+150)
2. Taichi (3-0) (6 pts) – (+650)
3. Will Ospreay (2-1) (4 pts) – (+234)
4. Minoru Suzuki (2-1) (4 pts) – (+2500)
5. Kota Ibushi (2-1) (4 pts) – (+300)
6. Jeff Cobb (1-2) (2 pts) – (+6600)
7. Kazuchika Okada (1-2) (2 pts) – (+350)
8. Shingo Takagi (1-2) (2 pts) – (+2000)
9. Tomohiro Ishii (0-3) (0 pts) – (+6600)
10. Yujiro Takahashi (0-3) (0 pts) – (+200000)
Okada was the block favorite heading into this one and I think he’s still a solid bet at +350. NJPW has rarely had someone go wire-to-wire as the winner and the comeback story is always an easy one to tell. Okada has been off his game and getting back on track with a winning streak is pretty likely.
It is interesting that on the final night that Ospreay faces off against Okada. Ospreay has never beat Okada and a comeback by Okada leading to this match being for the block would be very interesting.
That show will also feature Ibushi vs. Taichi so we could see them both stick around the top of the standings.
B Block Betting Odds:
1. Tetsuya Naito (3-0) (6 pts) – (+125)
2. Toru Yano (3-0) (6 pts) – (+1300)
3. Juice Robinson (2-1) (4 pts) – (+1300)
4. KENTA (2-1) (4 pts) – (+350)
5. Zack Sabre Jr. (1-2) (2 pts) – (+2000)
6. Hirooki Goto (1-2) (2 pts)+(+5000)
7. EVIL (1-2) (2 pts) – (+350)
8. Hiroshi Tanahashi (1-2) (2 pts) – (+1300)
9. YOSHI-HASHI (1-2) (2 pts) – (+15000)
10. SANADA (0-3) (0 pts) – (+300)
If they aren’t doing the comeback story with Okada then they are definitely doing it with SANADA. He was the big favorite heading into the tournament and has the worst record thus far. A huge run by him setting up a final night showdown with EVIL seems like the exact play that NJPW likes to do for the G1.
I also would not write off KENTA here. He’s been playing it pretty straight thus far and having good results. His final night match-up is with Tetsuya Naito and that match having big stakes seems likely.
The NJPW G1 Climax 30 starts on September 19 and runs through until October 18. This will be the first tournament to take place in the fall after each prior year’s tournament took place in the summer. This was originally due to the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo that were since canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The final three days of this year’s tournament will take place at Ryōgoku Kokugikan.
HOW TO BET ON
|Bet Pro Wrestling at Mr. Green|
This year’s event should be no different. New Japan was able to get many wrestlers out of other countries (KENTA, Juice Robinson, Will Ospreay, Jeff Cobb, and Jay White) and into Japan for this year’s tournament. The field looks excellent as always.
The early favorite for the tournament is SANADA. He has long been considered one of the next top stars in New Japan and this year he saw his former tag team partner, EVIL, have a run with the IWGP Championship. Of course, it would be foolish to count out Kazuchika Okada just yet. He’s been the ace of Japan for a long time now and he’s mostly been treading water since his championship loss to Naito at Wrestle Kingdom. The G1 is typically when we see guys starting ramping things up again and showing us who they really are.
NJPW G1 Climax Winner Betting Odds:
- SANADA +175
- Kazuchika Okada +300
- EVIL +400
- Kota Ibushi +400
- Jay White +550
- Will Ospreay +550
- Tetsuya Naito +650
- Hiroshi Tanahashi +800
- KENTA +800
- Shingo Takagi +1000
- Tomohiro Ishii +1700
- Hirooki Goto +2500
- Juice Robinson +3300
- Zack Sabre Jr. +3300
- Taichi +5000
- Jeff Cobb +6600
- Minoru Suzuki +6600
- Yujiro Takahashi +6600
- Toru Yano +10000
- Yoshi-Hashi +15000
NJPW G1 Climax Block A Winner Betting Odds:
- Kazuchika Okada: +200
- Jay White: +250
- Will Ospreay: +250
- Kota Ibushi: +450
- Shingo Takagi: +450
- Tomorhiro Ishii: +1500
- Taichi: +3300
- Jeff Cobb: +4000
- Minoru Suzuki: +4000
- Yujiro Takahashi: +5000
NJPW G1 Climax Block B Winner Betting Odds:
- EVIL: +175
- KENTA: +350
- Tetsuya Naito: +350
- Hiroshi Tanahashi: +1000
- Hirooki Goto: +1500
- Juice Robinson: +2500
- Zack Sabre Jr.: +2500
- Toru Yano: +6600
- Yoshi-Hashi: +8000
- EVIL: +175
This is a hard year to pick because of what is going on in the world right now. New Japan has been having limited crowds for awhile now and the question is: will they have limited crowds at Wrestle Kingdom as well? Because that makes a huge difference on what kind of wrestler they go with. We know that Okada can sell out the Tokyo Dome, but if we are talking about a limited capacity – pretty much anyone here can. There is a lot of money in another Naito-Okada match, but putting that match on in a limited capacity Tokyo Dome would be leaving a lot of money on the table.
SANADA is a good pick, but are they really going to make this whole year about LIJ? The EVIL storyline that seemed like it would never end, finally did and now we’re going to go Naito/SANADA? I just don’t see it. The same goes for Shingo, but I’d honestly be a lot more on board with it if that was the direction. Just have every member of LIJ have more success than him til the day he snaps.
To me, there is no sense in betting on Naito to win this thing. Where is the drama in the guy with the title winning the title shot? Naito is always vulnerable.
The trio of EVIL, Jay White, and KENTA have all had their issues in the past with Naito. Just kill me if they go with EVIL, but the other two could make for a great Wrestle Kingdom main event. The final nights feature SANADA-EVIL, Naito-KENTA, and Ishii-White so it definitely feels like Bullet Club will be in the mix for the finals.
Ibushi is an interesting play as well. He won the briefcase last year and was pretty much screwed with the double-title tournament. The IWGP Championsip is the one title that has eluded him thus far in his career. Plus, he had some absolute classic (neck-hating) matches with Naito last year that saw the two very evenly matched that could be revisited.
Okada is the play, but Ibushi is probably my next favorite.
NJPW G1 Climax Winning Faction Betting Odds:
- LIJ member wins tournament (S.Takagi, SANADA, T.Naito) +125
- Bullet Club member wins tournament (J.White, Y.Takahashi, EVIL, KENTA) +200
- Chaos member wins tournament (K.Okada, T.Ishii, W.Ospreay, H.Goto, T.Yano, YOSHI-HASHI) +200
- Unassigned/Others wins tournament (J.Cobb, K.Ibushi, H.Tanahashi, J.Robinson) +300
- Suzuki-gun member wins tournament (M.Suzuki, Taichi, ZSJ) +1400
Despite what I said above, the Bullet Club is probably the best bet here. They have three guys that could win this tournament and I would not put it past NJPW to have one of them win here. EVIL winning would absolutely set the world on fire because everyone would hate it so much. Jay White lost to Naito at this year’s Wrestle Kingdom and KENTA was his Naito’s first major challenger earlier this year. The Bullet Club is strength in numbers and that’s what they have here.
NJPW G1 Climax Final Match Betting Odds:
- Kazuchika Okada vs SANADA +550
- Jay White vs SANADA +650
- Will Ospreay vs SANADA +650
- Kazuchika Okada vs EVIL +850
- Kazuchika Okada vs Tetsuya Naito +850
- Jay White vs EVIL +1000
- Jay White vs Tetsuya Naito +1000
- Kazuchika Okada vs KENTA +1000
- Kota Ibushi vs SANADA +1000
- Shingo Takagi vs SANADA +1000
- Will Ospreay vs EVIL +1000
- Will Ospreay vs Tetsuya Naito +1000
- Jay White vs KENTA +1200
- Will Ospreay vs KENTA +1200
- Jay White vs Hiroshi Tanahashi +1500
- Kazuchika Okada vs Hiroshi Tanahashi +1500
- Will Ospreay vs Hiroshi Tanahashi +1500
- Kota Ibushi vs EVIL +1700
- Kota Ibushi vs Tetsuya Naito +1700
- Shingo Takagi vs EVIL +1700
- Shingo Takagi vs Tetsuya Naito +1700
- Kota Ibushi vs KENTA +2000
- Shingo Takagi vs KENTA +2000
- Kota Ibushi vs Hiroshi Tanahashi +2500
- Shingo Takagi vs Hiroshi Tanahashi +2500
My strategy here would be to take the guy you think is going to win (SANADA, Okada, Ibushi) and put them in the finals against a Bullet Club guy (EVIL, White, KENTA). Based on the cards for the last two nights, I’d say that is most likely going to be Okada-EVIL (+850), SANADA-White (+650), or Ibushi-KENTA (+2000).
|Event:||Date:||Where to Bet:|
|WWE Money in the Bank||July 18|
|WWE SummerSlam||August 21|
|AEW All Out||September 5|