Money in the Bank has become the fourth or fifth biggest WWE show of the year thanks to the Money in the Bank briefcase. The holder of that briefcase gets a title shot whenever or wherever they want to and that has become a definite crutch in the hands of WWE creative as they use it to tell many of their stories for the next few months after the match. It’s been a great spring board for new wrestlers to make a name for themselves and win their first championship, but it hasn’t really been used in that way for the last couple of years.
Still, this show always does offer some hope for the future and the Money in the Bank matches are definitely the draw here. The men’s side offers a ton of interesting options as everyone in match except Randy Orton and Finn Balor is yet to hold a major championship in WWE (and Finn only held his for a day). Baron Corbin is a former winner of this match and is the biggest heel in the company so him with the briefcase makes some sense. Sami Zayn is always doing great work, but has never had the push to match it. Andrade is a future superstar and time is running to pull the trigger on Balor.
The women’s Money in the Bank is different in there is a solid mix of people waiting for their first big title and people looking for their next shot. The odds are currently favoring Mandy Rose which makes a ton of sense because she has the look that WWE loves. (She’s blonde.) Both of these matches feel pretty wide open.
WWE Money in the Bank 2019 Betting Odds:
- Becky Lynch (-650) vs Lacey Evans (+420)
- Seth Rollins (-460) vs AJ Styles (+320)
- Drew McIntyre (-115) vs Andrade (+250) vs Sami Zayn (+850) vs Baron Corbin (+650) vs Mustafa Ali (+1700) Richochet (+1800) vs Finn Balor (+2200) vs Randy Orton (+2200)
- Mandy Rose (+175) vs Bayley (+195) vs Ember Moon (+310) vs Natalya (+900) vs Dana Brooke (+1075) vs Naomi (+1450) vs Nikki Cross (+1800) vs Carmella (+1800)
- Roman Reigns (-300) vs Elias (+220)
- Becky Lynch (-125) vs Charlotte Flair (-125)
- Kofi Kingston (-200) vs Kevin Owens (+150)
- Tony Nese (-600) vs Ariya Daivari (+350)
- Samoa Joe (-250) vs Rey Mysterio Jr (+175)
- The Miz (-500) vs Shane McMahon (+330)
- Daniel Bryan/Erick Rowan (-250) vs The Usos (+175)
For betting, the only thing that really interests me is the Money in the Bank matches.
The men’s match feels pretty wide open, but I think you have to see Baron Corbin as the favorite here and the best bet at +650. He’s one before and failed which should only give him more of a storyline. He’s also the most annoying heel on the show so that should also work in his favor. He definitely seems like the pick here.
The women’s side is a bit more complicated. I’m not sure I buy the whole Mandy Rose thing. Yes, she is the type that WWE loves but she is still pretty undeveloped as a character. A lot of these other options wouldn’t really work as a heel carrying the briefcase either so I’m not quite sure what to think. The best bet on the board looks like Bayley to me. Mainly because of what is going on in the title situation of this show. Charlotte Flair and Becky Lynch are key components and those two along with Sasha Banks and Bayley make up the Four Horsewomen. With Sasha MIA, I think that the WWE is going with Bayley here to keep those feuds alive.
Where to Bet WWE:
WWE Money in the Bank 2019 Results:
- The Usos (+175) defeated Daniel Bryan and Rowan
- Bayley (+195) defeated Carmella, Dana Brooke, Ember Moon, Mandy Rose, Naomi, Natalya, and Nikki Cross
- Rey Mysterio Jr (+175) defeated Samoa Joe (c)
- Shane McMahon (+330) defeated The Miz by escaping the cage
- Tony Nese (c) defeated Ariya Daivari
- Becky Lynch (-650) defeated Lacey Evans by submission
- Charlotte Flair (-125) defeated Becky Lynch (c)
- MONEY IN THE BANK CASH-IN: Bayley defeated Charlotte Flair (c)
- Roman Reigns (-300) defeated Elias
- Seth Rollins (-460) defeated AJ Styles
- Kofi Kingston (-200) defeated Kevin Owens
- Brock Lesnar defeated Ali, Andrade, Baron Corbin, Drew McIntyre, Finn Bálor, Randy Orton, and Ricochet