WWE is bringing their biggest party of the summer to WWE Network on August 23rd, 2020. This has historically been the second biggest show of the year after WrestleMania and has featured many memorable moments over the years.
We’re pretty far away from things like Razor Ramon and Shawn Michaels’ classic ladder match, Bret Hart and Owen Hart in a cage, Brock Lesnar’s dominance over John Cena, or even The Mountie going to jail. I don’t expect anything quite like that here, but you never know how this talented roster can surprise you. Maybe Dominik Mysterio is the next John Cena.
|HOW TO BET ON PRO WRESTLING|
1. Open an account. BetOnline posts odds on a ton of events and is US friendly. 5Dimes also posts odds on most WWE events.
2. Deposit funds. BetOnline and 5Dimes accept credit cards, Bitcoin and more.
3. Find the betting odds by looking for Pro Wrestling. At BetOnline it is listed as Wrestling under Game Props. At 5Dimes, you can find it under the Other Sports tab.
4. Click the match to place your bet!
|Bet Pro Wrestling at BetOnline|
Braun Strowman will also defend his title against Bray Wyatt. Honestly, who knows what we are getting here. The last time out with these two was that swamp fight and everyone died? Honestly, who cares. Bray is a big favorite to take the title here because of course he is. The only way the character of Bray Wyatt works is if he wins. What a genius.
The highlight of the show appears to be Sasha Banks versus Asuka. These two were wrestling an absolute classic at Extreme Rules before the storytelling got in the way. Bayley took the ref’s shirt, counted three, and then the match just ended. That’s not how wrestling is supposed to work. Assuming we get normal rules here, this could be very good. The odds are very close, but I would lean Sasha because WWE loves heel runs.
Complete odds from BetOnline for WWE SummerSlam 2020 are below.
WWE SummerSlam 2020 Betting Odds:
- Dominik Mysterio (-150) vs. Seth Rollins (+110)
- Street Profits (+125) vs. Andrade & Angel Garza (-165)
- Bayley (-120) vs. Asuka (-120)
- Sasha Banks (+140) vs. Asuka (-180)
- Apollo Crews (-200) vs. MVP (+150)
- Mandy Rose (-450) vs. Sonya Deville (+275)
- Braun Strowman (+150) vs. Bray Wyatt (-200)
- Drew McIntyre (+130) vs. Randy Orton (-170)
Speaking of heel runs, we also have Seth Rollins taking on Dominik Mysterio. This will be Dominik’s in-ring debut and his chance at revenge since Seth Rollins took his dad’s eye. This seems like a great story for Dominik to get his revenge for his dad and make a name for himself all in one swoop. That said, this is WWE and they very rarely do the right thing in scenarios like this. I really want to bet on Seth Rollins at this price and I absolutely hate it.
Apollo Crews beat MVP earlier this month so MVP is probably going to win here. I’ve never really believed that WWE is behind Apollo in any meaningful way so getting the title onto MVP and his heel group seems like their move.
Looking at the card, I think the Street Profits should win this match. I don’t think there is some long term story at play here, but I think this card needs a babyface win and the Street Profits are just that.
The best bet of the night has to be Randy Orton. He’s only taken one loss since February and that was the WrestleMania match against Edge that he then redeemed in the Greatest Match Ever. SummerSlam is always the time that the big WrestleMania winners give their titles up and I think that is exactly what is going to happen here.
[table id=1 /]