The WWE is returning to Saudi Arabia for Super Showdown 2019. These are very weird shows as they seem to take place outside of normal WWE canon with matches like The Undertaker versus Bill Goldberg and Randy Orton versus Triple H on top without a lot of story behind them. It’s almost like there is some Saudi prince who paid a bunch of money for these shows and is personally asking for matches. *thiniking emoji*
Moving on, the big matches on this show do have some interesting odds. Randy Orton and Triple H is basically a coinflip. The Undertaker and Goldberg is close to that with the Undertaker being a slightly bigger favorite. These are really fun for me because these are times you can get into the idea of how WWE thinks about these things. It’s not about some grander story, it’s about how WWE works at it’s base level and what they are going to do.
The rest of this card is meh. No way Kofi is losing, no way Rollins is losing, no way Braun loses, and no way the Demon Finn Balor is losing. The other stuff? Interesting.
WWE Super Showdown 2019 Betting Odds:
- Randy Orton (-125) vs HHH (-115)
- Battle Royal: Ali (+165), Drew McIntyre (+300), Brock Lesnar (+475), Lars Sullivan (+1000)
- The Undertaker (-185) vs Goldberg (+145)
- Braun Strowman (-750) vs Bobby Lashley (+450)
- Finn Balor (-1700) vs Andrade (+800)
- Roman Reigns (-420) vs Shane McMahon (+300)
- Kofi Kingston (-1350) vs Dolph Ziggler (+650)
- Seth Rollins (-1050) vs Baron Corbin (+550)
- Lars Sullivan (-1700) vs Lucha House Party (+800)
I’m staying away from the battle royale because you really have no idea who is going to be in that thing. Ali as a favorite is interesting, but I really have a hard time seeing that with guys like Lars Sullivan and Brock Lesnar in there. Ali is great, but he’s still 205 Live and it’s hard to see him winning a match with that level of names in it.
It’s scary that the line on the Roman Reigns match isn’t as big as some of these other ones. It makes me think there is doubt in the finish and Shane McMahon winning over the biggest star they’ve built in years just makes me feel gross. I hope Roman wins this thing.
The key matches are where we are going to make their money. The Undertaker at -185 is worth a full bet. I know that Goldberg has had some great success in his recent comeback and he has made the WWE some money. I know that WCW was a million years ago, but Vince McMahon doesn’t. There is no way that The Undertaker, the homegrown WWE guy who always lead the locker room, is going to lose to a guy who made his name in WCW. I refuse to believe that.
I feel less confident about Randy Orton over Triple H, but I still think that happens here. Orton is a major star in this company still while Triple H is only good for a match around WrestleMania time. Hopefully, the company remembers that and Triple H eats an RKO here.
Where to Bet WWE:
- The Usos defeated The Revival
- Seth Rollins (-1050) defeated Baron Corbin
- Finn Balor (-1700)defeated Andrade
- Shane McMahon (+300) defeated Roman Reigns
- Lars Sullivan (-1700) defeated Lucha House Party by disqualification
- Randy Orton (-125) defeated Triple H
- Braun Strowman (-750) defeated Bobby Lashley
- Kofi Kingston (-1350) defeated Dolph Ziggler
- Mansoor won by last eliminating Elias
- The Undertaker (-185) defeated Goldberg