With Royal Rumble in the books, we’re on to WWE Elimination Chamber. After this show we should have a good idea of some of the WrestleMania matches although we still have Fastlane between now and then.
The big news here is that the first ever WWE Women’s Tag Team champions will be crowned at this event. There will be a match in the Elimination Chamber to decide the first champions and the favorite is the team of Bayley and Sasha Banks. These are two of the biggest stars in the women’s division and them being the first champions would be a nice story to start the division off. Then again, this is the same company that had a man win the first Women’s Money in the Bank match so…
The show will also feature the Planet’s Champion Daniel Bryan defending the WWE Championship in the Elimination Chamber. Bryan is a big favorite here, but you just never know in a match like this. The Kofi Kingston story in the gauntlet match on Smackdown was pretty fantastic and that seems like a possible direction they are going.
WWE Elimination Chamber 2019 Betting Odds:
- Boss ‘n’ Hug Connection (-170) vs Nia Jax & Tamina (+250) vs The Riott Squad (+1100) vs Rose & Deville (+1200) vs The Ilconics (+1800) vs Naomi/Carmella (+2700)
- The Miz/Shane (-320) vs The Usos (+240)
- Daniel Bryan (-570) vs AJ Styles (+1280) vs Randy Orton (+1400) vs Samoa Joe (+1400) vs Kofi Kingston (+1600) vs Jeff Hardy (+2400)
- Buddy Murphy (-750) vs Akira Tozawa (+450)
- Ronda Rousey (-4500) vs Ruby Riott (+1500)
- Lashley/Rush (-145) vs Finn Balor (+105)
- Braun Strowman (-320) vs Baron Corbin (+240)
It’s felt like this Miz and Shane McMahon story is leading to an eventual turn and a big match at WrestleMania. Is tonight the night? If it is, the Usos at +240 look like a great value.
I have a hard time seeing Braun Strowman losing to Baron Corbin here. Corbin was the reason for the whole “shake-up” in WWE and I’m not sure the company is ready to go back to him as the guy that gets pushed down everyone’s throats. The odds are just low enough that I have my doubts though.
My favorite play is probably Finn Balor at +105. The two-on-one nature of the match makes it feel like a sure thing that he’ll win. That’s a classic play out of the WWE playbooks. You give someone a match that they absolutely should not win and then they do. Balor pins Lio Rush, the story continues. It’s the classic WWE move.
WWE Elimination Chamber 2019 Results:
- Buddy Murphy (-750) defeated Akira Tozawa
- The Boss ‘n’ Hug Connection (-170) defeated Carmella and Naomi, Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville, Nia Jax and Tamina, The IIconics, and The Riott Squad
- The Usos (+240) defeated The Miz and Shane McMahon (c)
- Finn Balor (+105) defeated Bobby Lashley and Lio Rush
- Ronda Rousey (-4500) defeated Ruby Riott by submission
- Baron Corbin (+240) defeated Braun Strowman
- Daniel Bryan (-570) defeated AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy, Kofi Kingston, Randy Orton, and Samoa Joe