WWE Stomping Grounds is a pretty cold show and I don’t think you can look much further than the main event for a reason why. Seth Rollins defends his WWE Universal title in this one against Baron Corbin. The odds are pretty close on this one so there is a real chance that Corbin can win the title here, but it seems like he is just ice cold right now and nobody wants that to happen. While Rollins isn’t getting the type of reactions that WWE probably hopes that he might get.
Another downer on this card is Becky Lynch defending her WWE Raw Women’s championship against Lacey Evans. This is mostly the same story, but maybe even worse. Becky Lynch was the biggest star in the world at WrestleMania time, but getting involved with Lacey Evans really isn’t doing much for her at this point. Evans has a great look, but as a wrestler she is nowhere near the level of The Man and this feels like some force feeding on WWE’s part.
There is also a WWE Championship match wtih Kofi Kingston defending against Dolph Ziggler in a cage match. We are long past the point of taking Dolph seriously in title matches and Kofi winning seems inevitable.
WWE Stomping Grounds 2019 Betting Odds:
- Seth Rollins (-230) vs Baron Corbin (+170)
- Kofi Kingston (-1260) vs Dolph Ziggler (+620)
- Samoa Joe (-160) vs Ricochet (+120)
- Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn (-155) vs Big E & Xavier Woods (+115)
- Tony Nese (-280) vs Akira Tozawa (+445) vs Drew Gulak (+400)
- Tony Nese (-280) vs. Field (+200)
- Daniel Bryan & Rowan (-420) vs Heavy Machinery (+300)
- Becky Lynch (-195) vs Lacey Evans (+155)
- Bayley (-490) vs Alexa Bliss (+330)
- Roman Reigns (-175) vs Drew McIntyre (+135)
As far as betting, there are some nice odds here. Ricochet over Samoa Joe looks like a great bet as it’s the classic rising star taking on a guy that WWE doesn’t ever seem to have plans for. He’s a good guy to beat as you get a great match, but I don’t think we should kid ourselves that ROH Samoa Joe is ever going to show up in WWE. (That’s a knock on WWE, not Joe. Joe rules.)
My favorite play on this show is Drew Gulak in the Cruiserweight title match. Tony Nese hasn’t been working and I’ve been waiting for him to drop the title since he won it. He just doesn’t have the level of charisma as either of these two. Akira Tozawa is awesome, but I’m not sure I can see him getting the title here. For me, it’s Gulak’s time. He’s consistently been one of the strongest characters on 205 Live and his time with the title is here.
[table id=1 /]
WWE Stomping Grounds 2019 Results:
- Drew Gulak (+400) defeated Akira Tozawa and Tony Nese
- Becky Lynch (-195) defeated Lacey Evans by submission
- Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn (-155) defeated The New Day
- Ricochet defeated Samoa Joe
- Daniel Bryan & Rowan (-420) defeated Heavy Machinery
- Bayley (-490) defeated Alexa Bliss
- Roman Reigns (-175) defeated Drew McIntyre
- Kofi Kingston (-1260) defeated Dolph Ziggler
- Seth Rollins (-230) defeated Baron Corbin