WWE Fastlane is one of those shows where I don’t quite know why they are even doing it. Most of the WrestleMania matches are already decided and we get these matches with low stakes. A great example is this show where the smallest favorite is -395. That favorite, The Shield, is one of the most beloved groups in wrestling and they are back together for the first time since one of their members had cancer. They aren’t losing.
That’s the hardest thing about WWE when it comes to WrestleMania time. There is so much information out there about the WrestleMania show that a show like Fastlane becomes an afterthought. That said, it will still be cool to see the Shield back together. Especially with all the rumors about Dean Ambrose leaving WWE when his contract is up. For a long time, the Shield was the best thing going on in WWE and one last ride will be fun even with this group of opponents.
WWE Fastlane 2019 Betting Odds:
- The Usos (-825) vs The Miz/Shane McMahon (+475)
- Daniel Bryan (-475) vs Kevin Owens (+325)
- The Boss ‘n’ Hug (-475) vs Nia Jax/Tamina (+325)
- Asuka (-420) vs Mandy Rose (+300)
- The Shield (-395) vs Corbin/McIntyre/Lashley (+275)
- Becky Lynch (-825) vs Charlotte Flair (+475)
Looking for value on this card and it’s really hard to see. Would WWE have Becky Lynch loses here and then somehow challenge for both titles at WrestleMania? I don’t think that would be a good idea for her to have another loss after losing to Asuka at Royal Rumble (which never should’ve happened). Becky has to retain here.
I already said above that the Shield is not losing. Let me reiterate, the Shield is not losing. The guy who beat cancer getting back together with his friends for one last run is not losing.
Daniel Bryan is clearly building to a match with Kofi Kingston at WrestleMania so he isn’t losing either. Asuka just beat The Man so she better not lose here.
The only real argument I could make is Nia Jax and Tamina winning the tag titles, but… no. That’s not happening.
Save your money on this show. Bet on the Shield if you really want to.
Where to Bet WWE:
WWE Fastlane 2019 Results:
- The New Day defeated Shinsuke Nakamura and Rusev
- The Usos (-825) defeated The Miz and Shane McMahon
- Asuka (-420) defeated Mandy Rose
- The Bar defeated Kofi Kingston
- The Revival defeated Aleister Black and Ricochet, and Bobby Roode and Chad Gable
- Samoa Joe defeated Andrade, R-Truth, and Rey Mysterio
- The Boss ‘n’ Hug Connection (-475) defeated Nia Jax and Tamina
- Daniel Bryan (-475) defeated Kevin Owens and Mustafa Ali
- Becky Lynch (-825) defeated Charlotte Flair by disqualification
- The Shield (-395) defeated Baron Corbin, Bobby Lashley, and Drew McIntyre