WWE’s second biggest show of the year is SummerSlam and this year’s event comes from Toronto, Canada. Despite being the second biggest show of the year, this is definitely a weird one as they are so many key players that aren’t on this show and other key players are in matches that one might not consider to be marquee match-ups.
The greatest example of that is the lack of Roman Reigns and Daniel Bryan. These are two of the biggest stars in the company and they are in the middle of a storyline right now, but they are not on this show. While Becky Lynch, the top women’s star in the game, is facing off against Natalya. Yes, she’s Canadian but she is not nearly at the level of Becky and few, if any, think she has a chance in that match-up.
WWE Summerslam 2019 Betting Odds:
- Brock Lesnar (-165) vs Seth Rollins (+125)
- Kofi Kingston (-245) vs Randy Orton (+175)
- Kevin Owens (-425) vs Shane McMahon (+305)
- Bray Wyatt (-1500) vs Finn Balor (+700)
- AJ Styles (-265) vs Ricochet (+185)
- Goldberg (-1200) vs Dolph Ziggler (+600)
- Drew Gulak (-290) vs Oney Lorcan (+210)
- Becky Lynch (-320) vs Natalya (+240)
- Bayley (-230) vs Ember Moon (+170)
- Charlotte Flair (-350) vs Trish Stratus (+250)
Thanks to the weird card, there are some overwhelming odds here as well. We have two of the biggest lines of the year with Goldberg at -1200 and Bray Wyatt (aka The Fiend) at -1500. Throw that in with Becky Lynch at -325, Charlotte Flair at -350, and Kevin Owens at -425 so there is not a lot of great opportunity here.
One place that does have opportunity is in the WWE Universal Championship match between Seth Rollins (+125) against Brock Lesnar. It definitely seems like they have some interest in building Seth Rollins as a cornerstone of the company and another big win over Lesnar could really solidify him.
It’s hard to ever really count out Shane McMahon these days as he seems to win a lot of matches that conventional wisdom would say he should lose. That said, it’s really hard to imagine him beating Owens in Canada here. Especially considering how hot Owens has been of late.
Where to Bet WWE:
WWE SummerSlam 2019 Results:
- Drew Gulak (-290) defeated Oney Lorcan
- Buddy Murphy defeated Apollo Crews by disqualification
- Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross (c) defeated The IIconics (Billie Kay and Peyton Royce)
- Becky Lynch (-320) defeated Natalya
- Goldberg (-1200) defeated Dolph Ziggler
- AJ Styles (-265) defeated Ricochet
- Bayley (-230) defeated Ember Moon
- Kevin Owens (-425) defeated Shane McMahon
- Charlotte Flair (-350) defeated Trish Stratus by submission
- Kofi Kingston (-245) vs. Randy Orton (+175) ended in a double countout
- Bray Wyatt (-1500) defeated Finn Bálor
- Seth Rollins (+125) defeated Brock Lesnar