WWE Extreme Rules 2019 is a unique card headlined by a mixed tag team match for the WWE Universal Championship and WWE Raw Women’s Championship. Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch will put their titles on the line and if either of them is pinned, Baron Corbin and Lacey Evans will win the title. This is not the most popular main event in recent WWE history as people, for the most part, just aren’t buying Evans and Corbin as contenders.
The other big title match is Kofi Kingston defending the WWE Championship against Samoa Joe. Despite his great career, Joe has become sort of the default contender that is going to drop a title match. His record in title matches on PPV is not pretty and the odds would seem to reflect that as well here. It’s weird storytelling when just last month Joe lost to Ricochet on PPV.
The most interesting match of the night might be Roman Reigns teaming up with the Undertaker to take on Shane McMahon and Drew McIntyre. The Undertaker and Reigns team is a big favorite here, but it’s hard to count out Shane McMahon when it comes to WWE booking. The owner’s son often wins when conventional wisdom says he shouldn’t.
WWE Extreme Rules 2019 Betting Odds:
- Rollins/Lynch (-475) vs Corbin/Evans (+325)
- Reigns/Undertaker (-335) vs Drew McIntyre/Shane McMahon (+245)
- Kofi Kingston (-380) vs Samoa Joe (+260)
- Bayley (-225) vs Alexa Bliss/Nikki Cross (+168)
- Drew Gulak (-320) vs Tony Nese (+240)
- Bryan/Rowan (-125) vs Heavy Machinery (+225) vs The New Day (+310)
- Aleister Black (-625) vs Cesaro (+350)
- Braun Strowman (-177) vs Bobby Lashley (+125)
- The Revival (-177) vs The Usos (+125)
- Richochet (-167) vs AJ Styles (+120)
Most of these lines are pretty high, but I’m wondering if there is any value in the mixed title match. You can see Corbin maybe defeating Rollins which leads to a big issue between Lynch and Rollins. That’s a nice value, but it doesn’t feel very likely. Especially not with Brock Lesnar and the Money in the Bank briefcase looming.
The same could be said about the WWE SmackDown Women’s championship match as the Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross story is dominating TV right now. A title between them could make for some interesting stories and push them to the next level. I’m not sure if now is the right time to take the title off of Bayley though.
The only other play is AJ Styles over Ricochet. The WWE is getting behind Ricochet a bit, but he’s not AJ Styles. He’s one of the top stars in the company and with him realigning with Anderson and Gallows, it’s likely that a strong heel run for him begins here.
[table id=1 /]
WWE Extreme Rules 2019 Results:
Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Finn Bálor
- Drew Gulak (-320) defeated Tony Nese
- The Undertaker and Roman Reigns (-335) defeated Shane McMahon and Drew McIntyre
- The Revival (-177) defeated The Usos
- Aleister Black (-625) defeated Cesaro
- Bayley (-225) defeated Nikki Cross and Alexa Bliss
- Braun Strowman (-177) defeated Bobby Lashley
- AJ Styles (+120) defeated Ricochet
- Kevin Owens defeated Dolph Ziggler
- Kofi Kingston (-380) defeated Samoa Joe
- Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch (-475) defeated Baron Corbin and Lacey Evans
- MONEY IN THE BANK CASH-IN: Brock Lesnar defeated Seth Rollins (c)